Hello! Life rolls on...
The bikes keep coming, and few are going! Had to expand me storage over the weekend to accommodate all of them. Hopefully I can get rid of a few more soon, because buying bike locks has become a regular routine it seems.
Anyways, here's my latest bike build. It's a 1997 Trek 520 touring bike. I previously had a 520 and loved it, but alas, it was slightly too big for me. I sold that one probably about 2 years ago, and have been looking for another Trek 520 ever since. As luck would have it, this one came in among a lot of 3 bikes in an auction and more my size! I didn't pay too much for the lot, and sold the other 2 bikes to break even, so this frame was basically free. Score! Yes, it was just a frame and fork, but I can't complain too much. Bought new wheels, shifters, cassette, chain, and some new bar tape. Already had a Brooks saddle sitting around so I got to finally put it on something. And all the other parts, I had sitting around.
Finally got to ride it today, and feels pretty smooth. Still have to get use to the downtube shifters a bit though.
The weather has been pretty nice still here in Vancouver, so if you're looking to go for a ride, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment