Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3rd, 2014

Hello! Life rolls on...

The bikes keep coming, and few are going! Had to expand me storage over the weekend to accommodate all of them. Hopefully I can get rid of a few more soon, because buying bike locks has become a regular routine it seems.
 Anyways, here's my latest bike build. It's a 1997 Trek 520 touring bike. I previously had a 520 and loved it, but alas, it was slightly too big for me. I sold that one probably about 2 years ago, and have been looking for another Trek 520 ever since. As luck would have it, this one came in among a lot of 3 bikes in an auction and more my size! I didn't pay too much for the lot, and sold the other 2 bikes to break even, so this frame was basically free. Score! Yes, it was just a frame and fork, but I can't complain too much. Bought new wheels, shifters, cassette, chain, and some new bar tape. Already had a Brooks saddle sitting around so I got to finally put it on something. And all the other parts, I had sitting around.


Finally got to ride it today, and feels pretty smooth. Still have to get use to the downtube shifters a bit though.
 The weather has been pretty nice still here in Vancouver, so if you're looking to go for a ride, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment