Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ahh, it's been a while! Haven't had too many riding days, and I sure do miss it! The weather here in Vancouver has been freezing, with some snow and ice on the ground, so I don't feel too safe about riding. Can't wait till it clears up.

Since my last post, I did acquire 2 more bikes though, so that's pretty exciting! Yes, I'm running out of space again, think my total number of bikes currently sits around 14. However, that includes some incomplete bikes awaiting parts (so they don't really count, do they??)

Got myself a 1981 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX (that I'm currently restoring) and a late 80's/early 90's Bridgestone Wildwest mountain bike.


The Huffy BMX. Well, it's not much to look at now.... There was quite a bit of rust on it, and I'm trying to find a set of period correct BMX wheels. We'll see how that goes.


And here's the Bridgestone WildWest mountain bike. What's cool about this one is, it very well might be the only one in Canada! From my research, it was strictly made for the Asian market in Japan. Go figure, with a model name of Wildwest.

There is a small sticker from a bike shop on the tube, from Singapore, so I guess someone at one time imported it over to Canada. As with all Bridgestone's, it was spec'd with good components for it's time. All Shimano Deore LX & DX parts, and Ritchey alloy rims. Sure, it's not in mint condition, but in decent shape. It is missing a bar end & handlebar grip, which I will be replacing soon. I'm really proud to have this bike, and the best part about it is, I got it for FREE!
No, I don't think I'll be reselling this one anytime soon, just because of it's rarity factor. If you know anymore information about it, please educate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment